There would be no Hyde Park Youth Symphony without the active involvement of parents and community members who volunteer their time and services and who make special events possible. Please complete the registration form to support the organization.
Please complete this form to register to be a volunteer with the Hyde Park Youth Symphony.
We greatly appreciate your time and support of the organization. We are looking for volunteers in the following fields.
- Student Recruitment: Recruit students at the local schools, businesses and organizations. Make arrangements for HPYS information (auditions, concerts, etc.) to be distributed at your child’s school as well as other schools and in the area. Contact private music teachers. Assist in community outreach by being an ambassador of HPYS.
- Fundraising: Help write proposals for civic, corporate, and foundation grants; provide leads for new sources of funding; apply for matching contributions by employers; solicit donations from local businesses and corporations; send copies of Annual Appeal letter to extended family members, friends, and businesses. Help with any fundraising events including the Spring Benefit.
- Event Planning: Help arrange for site, invitations, program, and refreshments.
- Media Relations: Publicize events; get information on events to the various media outlets: print, radio and television.
- Audio-Visual: Take photographs, make videos (DVD) and/or sound recordings (CD) of concerts and rehearsals to be used with grant submissions, news releases, web page, brochures, etc.
- Rehearsal Assistant: Attend Thursday rehearsals; support the work of the
- Concert Arrangements: Arrange for refreshments and the set-up, serving, and clean-up of refreshments; ushering/handing out programs; assist in transportation of instruments.
- Mailings and Notices: Send out mailings and notices regarding auditions, concerts and events throughout the year. Also assist with Annual Appeal and Spring Benefit mailings.
- Telephone Tree: Make telephone calls to communicate information to parents.
- Board Membership: The Board of Directors oversees the finances, operation, and administration of all Symphony groups; makes policies and supervises staff as well as assist in the responsibilities listed above. Executive and General Board Member positions are available.
For questions please contact Executive Director Dileep Gangolli 847-902-0733.